Massivedynamic.co 12 34 56 78

Meet the Team

Senior Class Gift Committee 2021

• Text Hover
Betina Andrea Kapunan Choa ’21

Cendana College

Campaign Co-Director

For my final year at Yale-NUS, I wanted to play an integral part in bringing our class together (even though we may be apart!) for the good of the College’s present and future. I cannot begin to enumerate all the things that Yale-NUS has given me; I choose to do what I can to humbly give back to the College and those who have yet to call it a home. May this be only the beginning of our continuous solidarity, generosity, and gratitude, however we may choose to express it. 

• Text Hover
Ng Yi Ming ’21

Saga College

Campaign Co-Director

The college which has given me a whole world beyond my dreams, and I can only give back. It is my hope to help more people receive the gifts of a Yale-NUS education, including the freedom of a 21st-century liberal education and the riches of a residential living community. Moreover, the extreme privilege to be here places a heavy burden on all of us to employ what we have gained to make a positive difference. The Senior Class Gift is a symbolic avenue to initiate this spirit of giving for the greater good. 

• Text Hover
Faith Awuor Agili ’21

Cendana College

Cendana College Chair

I have two main reasons as to why I would like to serve in the committee. The first reason is because I have over the last three years of my college life benefitted from the generous donors of the school and, being in my last year of college, I would like to be part of something that actively makes sure that other students in the college are able to access an equal or better chance at actively engaging in college life without any financial burden. The second reason is because of my mother. I have grown up watching my mother give her time and resources to both loved ones and strangers with enthusiasm and selflessness. She has been a role model in the way I think about the spaces that I occupy and pushing forward initiatives that go beyond me as a person. Therefore, I hope to bring the enthusiasm and lessons learnt in giving from my mother to the committee. 

• Text Hover
Hie Guan Jie (Phil) ‘21

Elm College

Elm College Chair

Yale-NUS College has granted me many opportunities to develop myself in many different ways. Such an experience would be hard to come by in other universities. Thus, I would love to give back to the college so that more students can have the chance to experience the numerous awesome things I have been through.

• Text Hover
Yu Zihan (Raquelle) ‘21

Saga College

Saga College Chair

As I reflect on my undergraduate career, I see three years of unforgettable memories created in our Yale-NUS community, and an amazing student life made possible by the care and support from our community members. I believe giving back is my way of showing gratitude to this community that has nurtured me academically, socially, and mentally. Being part of the SCG Committee allows me to share this sentiment with the entire Class of 2021. I hope to encourage my peers to reflect on and appreciate their college experience at YNC as we enter our last year of college. At the same time, I look forward to starting conversations about the topic with my peers so that I can understand different perspectives on giving back.

• Text Hover
Jiang Haolie ‘21

Elm College

Publicity Head

Yale-NUS has changed my life. I have grown so immensely and in so many ways with the privilege of profound academic and international opportunities that the Yale-NUS education and community has given me. As a scholarship recipient myself, I don’t think I am alone in saying that financial sustainability can make all the difference in equalising access to a Yale-NUS education, and for sustaining our community and our mission across generations. As the fifth iteration of the Senior Class Gift, I hope we can continue building a tradition of giving, an ethos of shared ownership, and a culture of solidarity.

• Text Hover
Ann Chen ‘21

Saga College

Publicity Team

I’m a very grateful for the opportunities provided to me by Yale-NUS. Without the support of the school’s resources I certainly would not have been able to attend various study abroad programs, participated in numerous school trips, nor kickstarted student organisations. Therefore, I want to help the College continue to provide these opportunities to classes to come. I hope with these contributions we can support the College in continuing to generously support and invest in its students.

• Text Hover
Ian Kendall Duncan '21

Saga College

Publicity Team

Having grown up in a small American town, coming to Yale-NUS has been an eye-opening experience. Life here is totally different from back home, but I cherish it and the opportunities that I have had as a Yale-NUS student both on and off campus that I could not have dreamed of in high school applying for college. I wanted to join the Senior Class Gift Committee to pay it forward, and help ensure that other students in a similar position can benefit from a Yale-NUS education.

• Text Hover
Miguel Luis Gacutan Ochosa ‘21

Cendana College

Publicity Team

I have greatly benefited from the generosity of the college. Without financial aid and a study award, I might not have been able to experience the privilege of learning in this institution I now call my home. I’ve experienced how the Yale-NUS community shares so much of itself to contribute to people’s lives and learning journeys. As a graduating senior, I hope to give back to this community and institution as a token of gratitude, and one way I can do this is through the Senior Class Gift Committee. I hope to foster an attitude of gratitude in our Yale-NUS community, to encourage us to reflect and remember what Yale-NUS has given, and is continuing to give. I hope that this year’s Senior Gift campaign can teach us all to start from a place of thankfulness and appreciation when building this shared community. I believe a project such as this can foster a habit of gratitude and giving in our kingfishers as well, so that when we all go our separate ways, we take with us the heart to be of generous service in whatever corner of the world we may find themselves in. 

• Text Hover
Haaken Zhong Bungum ‘21

Cendana College

Events Team

I’ve been and am a recipient of heavy financial aid, and not just for my academic life. When my immediate family hit rough times, there were many friends and family who were generous in giving financial help when it was needed, with very little questions asked. I would like to continue to give generously in whatever capacity I can. The Senior Class Gift presents an opportunity to engage the student body in becoming generous stewards of financial rewards and resources. Beyond things like tax write-offs, I would like to encourage all members of the community to reflect on why one ought to help another. 

• Text Hover
Michelle Tan Li Min ‘21

Saga College

Events Team

I have experienced immense growth over the past few years in Yale-NUS, and much of that has been made possible through the various resources and opportunities the college has provided access to. Hence, I would like to be part of this committee to play a part in ensuring that future classes at Yale-NUS will continue to have access to these resources and opportunities that I have been so lucky to have had. 

• Text Hover
Rahul Naidu Meriserla ‘21

Elm College

Events Team

I’m incredibly excited to be a part of this committee because it gives me an opportunity to give back at least a little to our college and community which have helped shape who I am today. I’m also enthused about helping design an approach that cultivates long term alumni giving that isn’t just limited to a one time donation. I’m thrilled to be part of a creative process and campaign that are hopefully going to inspire and unite the community, after the torrid year we’ve had that has left many dispirited. As someone originally from the class of 2020, I’m also looking forward to cultivating a deeper bond with the class of 2021.

• Text Hover
Upaasna Parankusam ‘21

Saga College

Events Team

As my final year approaches, I am reminded of the first day I stepped into Yale-NUS College, alone in a sea of diverse people. Over the years it became my home providing me with support, warmth and strong bonds. I am thankful for the Yale-NUS Community- both the institution and more so the people, who have given me opportunities and resources for international experiences, and helping me create a space in the community that I can call my own. By joining the Senior Class Gift Committee, I hope to ensure that our future Kingfishers continue to have a platform, irrespective of their identities, to grow and learn. Yale-NUS is still evolving and our contribution will help in making the college experience memorable to future students.

Advocates

A pioneering initiative to democratize narratives around giving, the SCG Advocates have volunteered to share their personal stories of Yale-NUS and reasons to give back to the college.

Cendana

Manto Joseff Danielle Malgapo

To give back to the college that’s given me a lifetime’s worth of opportunities and knowledge! Yale-NUS has given me so much more than I initially expected when I first decided to join – lifelong friendships, immense amount of knowledge, professors who genuinely care about students, and leaders and staff who are invested in your betterment. I’m sure Yale-NUS has given the entire batch a lot of this as well. So I think it’s only right that we invest back to the school that has invested so much in us.

Sara Haghani

Being able to attend college without having to worry about finances was a big dream for me all throughout high school. As an international student, I never thought I would have the generous support that Yale-NUS has provided me with. By being an advocate for the Senior Class gift committee, I hope to encourage giving back among my classmates, so as to support the next classes however much we can. It is my sincere wish that even as alumni, we continue giving back in the years to come.

Stanne Adrian Shao Sy

As an SCG advocate, I hope to encourage my friends to recognise our collective experiences in our four years and help the classes after to have something similar.

Denise Tan

Yale-NUS has given me an amazing experience within and beyond campus borders. From the endless free food on campus to exploring new cities, I’ve been able to make the most of my time here. I’m choosing to give back because I’d love to be a part of a tradition that allows other students to have the same opportunities that I’ve had, regardless of their background.

Michael Kuzminski

So Kuon

Elm

Samen Yasar Porag

I am immensely grateful to Yale-NUS for all the opportunities it has provided me to learn, grow & adapt as an individual over the last 3 years. It is an honor to be an advocate for SCG and show my gratitude to the college.

Larissa Joy Lee

Access to education is hardly ever equitable. And I believe that something like the Senior Class Gift can at least help to level the playing field a little and give someone the chance to receive a meaningful education at Yale-NUS. Social media can be a powerful tool for encouraging action on social issues, and so I’m also using this opportunity to get comfortable with sharing about what matters to me on social media!

Lee Suyeon

Yale NUS has provided me with amazing experiences both in Singapore as well as many different countries around the world. These learnings could not have been possible without the generous financial support from the college.

But more importantly, Yale NUS has given me a loving community. This year, we all have witnessed how helpful this support network can be for international students as well as those from low-income families or without a safe environment to go back to. SCG is an amazing opportunity for me to give back to the community and make sure it stays as inclusive as it can be!

Paul Yee

I’m joining SCG as a student advocate as I have benefitted tremendously from the generous opportunities that I have been offered in Yale-NUS. I hope that through the Senior Class Gift, future generations of leaders and learners will be able to access the same opportunities that I have and more.

Pearlyn Low Ling Hui

In these past four years, I’ve really enjoyed my time at Yale-NUS. Beyond being just a place of learning, Yale-NUS became a home for me. Senior class gift is one way we can give back to a community that has given much to us for the past four years. I signed up to be an advocate to contribute to the growth of this community and this place I’ve called home for the past 4 years.

Leyli Ramazanova

Because Yale-NUS has been generous in alleviating any financial worries that come with attending college, I was able to immerse myself in the joy of learning, travelling, and meeting people who are unique in every possible way. Looking back, I have grown in ways I couldn’t imagine because of these immersive experiences. I want to give back because somewhere out there, there is another student who needs a helping hand to cross the bridge towards these opportunities.

Fahrisa Islam Maisha

I came to Yale-NUS as a shy but still ambitious girl, who had never been outside of Asia and had never lived outside of Dhaka. I have received an exemplary education, both inside the classroom and in the countless challenges I have bested through the highs and lows of college life, simply because of the incredible generosity of the college and the unmatched faith that it had placed on me. In just 3 years, I was able to travel to more than 35 cities and live in 3 different countries, in 3 different continents! I travelled even more expansively through the texts and foreigns schools of thought that I was exposed to because of our unique curriculum. This has been a transformative experience and the best way to better our community is to make it a welcoming home for inspired students across the world who have themselves to offer.

Shenali Nimanthini Wijesinghe

Saga

Bryson Ng Pei Shen

Yale-NUS has given me ample opportunities to grow and nurture myself over the years. Being able to be involved in such a college community would not have been possible for me without the donor-backed financial aid that I have been granted. Thus, it is with this ethos of giving that I wanted to pay it forward and give back to the community that I have grown to love so much.

Kurumi Ota

During our time at Yale-NUS, we’ve tasted the full package of 酸甜苦辣 (suan-tian-ku-la), an experience that we’ll treasure for life. I decided to become a campaign advocate because I think the Senior Class Gift is a way for us to say thank you to the school, and to make a small wish in hope that the experience of generations to follow will be as flavourful as ours, perhaps even better.

Peh Yi Lin
Sambhav Bhandari
Rishav Koirala

It seems only a few months ago that I alighted at the Oculus with my luggage in tow, a naïve international student in his first ever foreign country. Yet, it has been more than three years, and I have never felt like an outsider, for Yale-NUS quickly became my home – and more. No amount will ever match the enormous investment Yale-NUS has made in my educational and personal development, but the Senior Class Gift is a small token of my appreciation to the college for all it has bestowed on me – an excellent education, a family of close friends, and memorable experiences that I will cherish forever – sans the burden of having to finance any of it. The SCG may only be a symbolic gesture of gratitude for now, but it will hopefully start a long personal tradition, a tradition of giving back to my alma mater in various ways.

Dion Ho